Drexel TechServ is excited to announce that we will be hosting our next Community Genius Bar on Saturday, November 22nd, 2014, 10AM-1:30PM!
The location for this Genius Bar will be:
The Dornsife Center
3509 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The event will take place in the School Building (Ryan Hall) S108 and street parking will be available.
We are looking forward to helping you with any and all of your technological needs, but here are some reminders to help us “Serv” you better.
- If you are bringing a laptop or tablet computer, please bring your power adapter as well.
- If you are bringing a desktop, please bring just the desktop. We’ll have power cords and monitors with us. However, if your issue is with your monitor, do bring it along and we’ll take a look at it.
- Sometimes, there are issues that are too complex to fix on the spot. We also cannot guarantee a fix we make will be permanent nor that it is the best fix possible, but we’ll always try our best. If your device is in still under warranty, we recommend contacting your manufacturer’s support instead, but we’ll still be happy to take a look.
- If your repair is something that requires an expensive and unique replacement part, the most common example being “the screen on my device is smashed”, we will likely NOT BE ABLE TO HELP. This is because
- 1) it requires a complete screen replacement – these parts are expensive and unique to manufacturers (i.e. we would have to have replacement screens for every make and model device possible, which is not feasible. Think how certain cars parts can’t be swapped between cars!)
- 2) screen replacement often takes several hours to complete – spanning longer than the duration of the event.
- In contrast to the above point, software based repairs or repairs that use non-manufacturer-specific hardware are perfect for these types of events. (Think ‘car oil change’ type work!)
We hope to see you there!